I love the environment and its great living in a time with some many technological advances in technology and ways to be green and help the environment. Nucleus Upholstery & Restoration Northcote Melbourne is committed to being ECO and incorporating green practices within the workplace. Being a tree lover and a business owner, I remain committed to being as green and ECO as possible and if we all do a little we can achieve a great result. We are constantly looking for new ECO advances in running a greener workshop especially with fabrics timber and hardware.
Some of the ECO friendly products and practices are:
- The lights in the workshop are LED panels.
- The work van is a VW 2 litre Diesel that is super efficient.
- We use an ECO glue from the states which contains only 1 solvent.
- Majority of timber used is recycled or ply, no MDF.
- All paper and cardboard is recycled.
- We try to use leather as much as possible as it is considered a by product of meat.
- Foam is mainly ordered to size to reduce waste and offcuts.
- All fabric off cuts are bagged and given away FREE to anybody.